Have you been considering starting a career in design?
If you’re planning on a possible future someplace in the design sector, you can prepare for a great, enjoyable and rewarding career in the career segments of fashion, visual design, or interior planning by signing up with the proper school.
Many state universities do not offer degree programs specifically in any design segment. The larger ones will have a couple of classes within their fine arts department.
A lot of students end up coming to a specialized institution where they’ll be able to take detailed and practical teaching classes. These types of programs permit the student to find out and build just the targeted skills and knowledge they will need to become effective in their next vocation.
The actual programs fluctuate by school, but bachelor’s diplomas, associate’s diplomas and program achievement certifications are often offered. A lot of on-campus schools feature both daytime and night time courses. And, just like nearly all universities, financial aid opportunities are on hand to individuals who meet the criteria.
And, as an additional bonus, many of these schools let the student to graduate as soon as possible.
Even though many of these colleges are conventional, physical campus institutions, others might be structured for being primarily available on the web. web-based colleges enable employed students, parents and other active folks blend lessons into their already crazy daily routine.
This tips guide is a way for you to start out evaluating a few of the most widely used schools in the country that deliver one or more of these categories of instruction opportunities. So just take a look at the list of colleges, locate a couple that appear that they could meet your needs — and best of luck.
Graphic and Visual Arts
Graphic design jobs are a tremendous solution to partner creative and computer skills into a nice, exciting and satisfying career.
Past graduates of a full, four-year university diploma, or a much quicker training program, might just try to find a job opportunity at a design studio, on the creative team of an advertising department, at a publishing or in the marketing unit of a large organization in an entry-level job position such as a staff artist, image developer, or perhaps even as a assistant art director.
The need for people who are able to plan and build workable and engaging indoor areas in the home and the workplace has rarely been higher. It can be hard to earn a bachelor’s degree in this field, the majority of entry-level design professionals have either a four-year diploma in a similar discipline, particularly fine art, or they enrolled at a specialty school.
Should you have an eye for style and fashion, you might have a strong career in fashion marketing, merchandising or design. Only a few institutions, largely in the biggest cities, present degree options, curriculum or classes in fashion. It is often a fast-paced, stimulating occupation, but competition for work opportunities tends to be higher than average.
You can look for institutions that offer either a degree plan or specialized coursework of training in one of these majors. Choose one in your zip code.
Here are today’s choices:
- Learn to develop, coordinate, & execute successful design strategies at Keiser
- Produce graphic design solutions in a variety of state-of-the-industry mediums
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Graphic Arts and Design
- Associate of Science in Video Game Design
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Game Design
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Graphic Arts and Design
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Not sure if this is the right field for you? You can find out more and get other career options.