Could you see yourself working as a designer?
If you are thinking about a possible future someplace in the design sector, you can train for an interesting, unique and gratifying career in the job areas of fashion, visual arts, or interior planning through enrolling with the ideal university or school.
A good number of state colleges do not have degree opportunities in any design field. A small number may offer a few courses within their fine arts department.
Quite a few undergraduates end up going to a specialized institution where they will get substantial and hands-on teaching classes. These types of programs let the student to study and generate precisely the specific knowledge and skills they will need to be effective in their next career.
The actual degree packages will vary by school, but bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees and package achievement certifications are often available. Most traditional schools feature both day and nighttime classes. And, like most institutions, financial aid solutions are supplied to those that are eligible.
And, as a bonus, many of these schools enable the individual to complete their studies as fast as they can.
While most of these colleges are classic, walk-on campus establishments, others are often set up for being mainly accessible online. web-based colleges enable employed students, parents and other active people blend instructional classes into their packed schedule.
This website is a fast way to start out looking at a small number of the most popular institutions in the country that have one or more of these categories of instruction packages. So simply take a look at this selection of colleges, select one or two that look like they might do the job — and all the best.
Graphic and Visual Arts
Graphic and visual design opportunities may be a great approach merge artistic and computer skills into a fun, exciting and fulfilling career path.
Graduates of a full, four-year college diploma, or even a much shorter program, may likely track down a job opportunity at a design agency, on the creative team of an advertising firm, at a publishing or at the marketing department of a major organization in an entry-level situation such as a production specialist, aesthetic designer, or even as a assistant art director.
The demand for individuals who can plan and build practical and attractive interior spaces in homes and workplaces has never been higher. As it can be hard to find a bachelor’s diploma in this subject, many beginning designers have either a four-year degree in a related area, particularly art, or they enrolled in a specialty school.
If you have an eye for fashion and style, you could develop a great career in fashion merchandising, marketing or design. Just a few institutions, mainly in the largest cities, feature degree opportunities, curriculum or training classes in the fashion field. It is truly a fast, exciting profession, however competition for work opportunities can certainly be higher than average.
You can find schools that feature either a degree or concentrated package of classes in one or more of these fields. Pick one in your zip code.
Schools in Maryland or online:
- Learn to develop, coordinate, & execute successful design strategies at Keiser
- Produce graphic design solutions in a variety of state-of-the-industry mediums
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Graphic Arts and Design
- Associate of Science in Video Game Design
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Game Design
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!