Are you thinking about earning a design degree?
If you are considering a possible future someplace in the area of design, you could plan for an interesting, enjoyable and gratifying career in the career sectors of fashion, visual arts, or space planning through signing up at the proper school.
A majority of private colleges do not offer diploma training programs in any design sector. The larger ones may deliver a few individual classes within their fine arts department.
A large number of students end up studying at a specialty institution where they can take in depth and practical instruction classes. These institutions allow the student to study and develop only the unique skills and knowledge they need to have to become successful in their new job.
The diploma packages will vary by college, but bachelor’s diplomas, associate diplomas and course achievement certifications are commonly offered. Many traditional colleges provide both daytime and nighttime sessions. And, just like most universities, financial aid alternatives are provided to those who qualify.
And, as an extra benefit, these schools let the pupil to complete their studies as soon as they can.
While many of these institutions will be established, physical campus establishments, others can be set up for being primarily accessible on the internet. These convenient schools help employed students, parents and other time-challenged folks blend instructional classes into their hectic schedule.
Our guide is a way for you to begin investigating a few of the prominent colleges in the nation which have at least one of these categories of training packages. So take a peek at this collection of schools, identify one or more that look like they might work for you — and good luck.
Graphic and visual design opportunities are really a great means to integrate creative and software skill sets into a pleasant, exciting and satisfying livelihood.
Graduates of a four-year college diploma, or possibly a much shorter course, may likely come up with a job at a design studio, at the creative side of an advertising department, at a publishing or on the sales and marketing communications unit of a big company as an entry-level placement such as a staff specialist, image developer, or maybe even as a assistant art director.
The demand for men and women who can develop and set up purposeful and pleasing internal spaces in the workplace and the home has rarely been greater. While it is difficult to find a college that offers a four-year degree in this area, a lot of entry-level designers have either a college diploma in a similar area, such as fine art, or they attended a specialty school.
If you have an interest in fashion and style, you might build a bright future in fashion merchandising, design or marketing. Just a small number of colleges, principally in the big metropolitan areas, provide degree choices, programs or classes in the fashion field. It is often a energetic, entertaining profession, however competition for work opportunities can be significant.
Go check out institutions that feature either a degree plan or concentrated program of courses in one of these professions. See what’s available by zip code.
Schools you might consider:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Design may not be your future. You have plenty of other options. Find formal training in MS.