A career in design is attainable if you are interested in it.
If you happen to be contemplating a future in the design business, you might work for an exciting, enjoyable and rewarding career in one of the career sectors of fashion, graphic design, or space planning by applying at the correct institution.
A majority of private universities do not offer degree training programs specifically in any design segment. The larger ones may offer a number of individual courses through their fine arts department.
A good number of students find themselves going to a specialty institution where they’ll be able to experience extensive and practical instruction classes. These courses allow the student to learn and develop only the targeted skills and knowledge they really need to be effective in their brand new career.
The diploma programs may vary by institution, but bachelor’s degrees, associate’s diplomas and package achievement certificates are often available. The majority of on-campus schools have both day time and evening courses. In addition, just like the majority of colleges, financial aid alternatives are offered to those that meet the requirements.
And, as an additional bonus, these schools permit the pupil to finish their studies as swiftly as they possibly can.
Although most of these schools are generally standard, walk-on campus institutions, others may be arranged for being mainly available on the internet. These convenient schools help working students, parents and other active folks blend classes into their daily schedule.
Our guidebook is a fast way to begin viewing a few of the well-known colleges in the country that offer at least one of these categories of training courses. So just take a look at the listing of schools, locate two or three that seem like they could do the job — and all the best.
Graphic and Visual Arts
Graphic arts opportunities can be a nice solution to integrate creative and technology abilities into a nice, exciting and satisfying career.
Past graduates of a four-year university degree, or a much shorter course, can potentially track down a job at a design studio, at the creative team of an advertising service, at a publishing or on the marketing communications section of a major business in an entry-level position such as a beginning artist, aesthetic designer, or even as the assistant art director.
The need for men and women who are able to design and deliver workable and nice-looking internal spaces in our homes and workplaces has not been greater. It can be hard to locate a four-year degree in this subject, the vast majority of entry-level design professionals possess either a bachelor’s diploma in a somewhat-related major, particularly fine art, or they completed a program at a specialty school.
In case you have an eye for style and fashion, you could build a good career in fashion marketing, merchandising or design. Just a handful of colleges, mostly in the big metropolitan areas, offer degrees, curriculum or classes in fashion. It is a fast, interesting career, but competition for work opportunities can certainly be very high.
You can check out schools that have either a degree or concentrated coursework of courses in one or more of these professions. See what’s available by zip code.
Look at these choices:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Maybe you won’t earn a diploma in design. Maybe it’ll be in the culinary arts – http://www.culinaryschoolsonline.com