Do you have an interest in becoming a professional designer?
If you are planning on a possible future someplace in the design business, you could train for an interesting, fun and profitable career in one of the career sectors of fashion, graphic arts, or space planning by enrolling with the right school.
The majority of large colleges do not supply degree programs specifically in any area of design. Some will have a number of individual courses as part of their fine arts department.
Some students find themselves coming to a specialty school where they will obtain substantial and practical training classes. These types of programs allow the individual to figure out and acquire just the targeted skills and knowledge they would need to become effective in their new vocation.
These degree packages fluctuate by college, but bachelor’s diplomas, associate’s diplomas and package achievement vouchers are often available. A great number of traditional universities have both day time and evening courses. And, like nearly all institutions, financial aid chances are supplied to those who meet the criteria.
And, as a, these schools enable the student to complete their studies as swiftly as is possible.
While most of these universities are usually established, campus institutions, others may be built for being primarily accessible online. These online schools assist employed students, parents and other active people cram training sessions into their already busy daily schedule.
Our site is a fast option to start out looking into a small number of the popular institutions in the nation that have at least one of these categories of education opportunities. So just take a glimpse at this listing of colleges, locate two or three that look like they could do the job — and best of luck.
Graphic and Visual Arts
Graphic arts opportunities are really a nice solution to partner creative and technology expertise into a pleasant, exciting and enjoyable livelihood.
Past graduates of a four-year college degree, or possibly a shorter training course, might get hold of a position at a design agency, on the art side of an advertising department, at a publishing or at the advertising unit of a large organization in an entry-level position such as a production specialist, image designer, or maybe even as the junior art director.
The need for professionals who can plan and set up workable and stylish internal spaces in homes and workplaces has never been higher. As it can be difficult to locate a four-year diploma in this subject, just about all beginning design professionals earned either a college qualification in a similar field, such as art, or they attended a specialized school.
Should you have an interest in fashion and style, you may have a great career in fashion marketing, design or merchandising. Just a small number of institutions, largely in the larger cities, feature degree programs, curriculum or training classes in the fashion field. It is truly a great, entertaining career, but competition for employment opportunities can be great.
There are schools that have either a degree plan or targeted package of courses in one of these specialties. Pick out some by zip code.
Glance through these programs:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Design isn’t right for all students. Culinary is popular — local classes in that.