Is a design career in your future?
If you happen to be considering a future someplace in the design sector, you might work for an interesting, fun and satisfying career in one of the career sectors of fashion, graphic design, or interior planning by registering at the right college.
A good number of public universities do not offer degree opportunities specifically in any design sector. A few will have a handful of individual classes through their fine arts department.
Plenty of students wind up coming to a specialty school where they will end up with rigorous and hands-on teaching classes. These types of programs allow the student to uncover and acquire precisely the unique skills and knowledge they would need to be successful in their upcoming job.
The degree programs will vary by college, but bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees and package achievement vouchers are normally offered. Many traditional colleges deliver both day and evening courses. In addition, just like almost all universities, financial aid options are offered to those who meet the requirements.
And, as a bonus, a lot of these schools encourage the student to advance as swiftly as possible.
While most of these colleges are classic, physical campus institutions, others are built for being primarily accessible online. These online schools help working students, parents and other time-challenged individuals work classes into their already busy daily routine.
Our tips guide is a quick means for you to start taking a look at some of the more well-known schools in the nation that have at least one of these instruction opportunities. So just take a glimpse at this list of training centers, find one or more that seem like they could work for you — and all the best.
Graphic and Visual Arts
Graphic and visual design careers may be a tremendous solution to partner artistic and technology skills into a fun, exciting and satisfying career path.
Graduates of a four-year college diploma, or perhaps a faster training course, may track down a role at a design agency, on the art side of an advertising firm, at a publishing house or in the advertising division of a big organization as an entry-level placement such as a beginning specialist, graphic developer, or possibly even as the junior art director.
The need for men and women who can plan and put together purposeful and stylish interior spaces in the home and the workplace has rarely been higher. As it is difficult to find a school that offers a bachelor’s degree in this subject, a great number of beginning designers possess either a college degree in a related area, particularly art, or they completed a program at a specialized school.
If you have an interest in fashion and style, you may have a promising career in fashion marketing, merchandising or design. A few institutions, mostly in the big cities, promote degrees, programs or courses in fashion. It is often a energetic, stimulating vocation, but competition for job opportunities can be great.
You may find institutions that deliver either a degree or focused package of classes in these fields. Find one by zip code.
Begin your research here:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
You can see options to a design degree, if you don’t think you are a good fit for it. Pick a different occupation.