So, you’re thinking about becoming a design major?
If you happen to be contemplating a possible future somewhere in the design sector, you could prepare for an interesting, unique and fulfilling career in one of the fields of fashion, graphic arts, or interior planning by signing up with the ideal school.
Many of the large colleges do not have degree opportunities in any design sector. Assorted ones will provide a couple of individual courses within their fine arts department.
A number of undergraduates end up going to a specialized institution where they’re able to get in depth and practical instruction courses. These kinds of classes allow the student to comprehend and cultivate just the unique skills and knowledge they would need to become effective in their new occupation.
These packages vary by institution, but bachelor’s diplomas, associate diplomas and package completion vouchers are oftentimes offered. Most traditional schools have both daytime and night time lessons. And, like almost all schools, financial aid opportunities are provided to individuals who meet the requirements.
And, as a bonus, most of these schools allow the individual to graduate as soon as they possibly can.
While most of these colleges are usually classic, campus-based institutions, others are planned for being mostly accessible online. web-based schools assist employed students, parents and other very busy folks work lessons into their already crowded daily schedule.
Our guidebook is a fast option for you to start out considering a few of the popular institutions in the nation that deliver one or more of these categories of education opportunities. So simply take a glance at this collection of institutions, find two or three that seem like they might be right for you — and all the best.
Graphic arts opportunities are a tremendous solution to combine creative and software expertise into a nice, exciting and fulfilling work life.
Graduates of a full, four-year university diploma, or a quicker training course, can possibly try to find a position at a design agency, on the art staff of an advertising company, at a publishing house or on the communications section of a big company as an entry-level position such as a staff specialist, graphic developer, or possibly even as a junior art director.
The need for people who can develop and build reliable and appealing indoor spaces in workplaces and homes has rarely been greater. It can be hard to complete a four-year degree in this subject, a large number of new designers earned either a four-year diploma in a similar subject, like fine art, or they attended a specialty school.
Should you have an interest in style and fashion, you could develop a great future in fashion marketing, design or merchandising. A couple of universities, predominantly in the bigger metropolitan areas, promote degree opportunities, programs or courses in the fashion category. It is a fast-paced, lively vocation, but competition for jobs can be great.
Go check out institutions that feature either a diploma or targeted package of study in one or more of these professions. See what’s available in your zip code.
You could start with these schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
This field is not for everyone, so if you don’t think it is for you, you have some nice options. Get into something else.