So, you’re thinking about becoming a design major?
If you happen to be contemplating a possible future somewhere in the design sector, you could prepare for an interesting, unique and fulfilling career in one of the fields of fashion, graphic arts, or interior planning by signing up with the ideal school.
Many of the large colleges do not have degree opportunities in any design sector. Assorted ones will provide a couple of individual courses within their fine arts department.
A number of undergraduates end up going to a specialized institution where they’re able to get in depth and practical instruction courses. These kinds of classes allow the student to comprehend and cultivate just the unique skills and knowledge they would need to become effective in their new occupation.
These packages vary by institution, but bachelor’s diplomas, associate diplomas and package completion vouchers are oftentimes offered. Most traditional schools have both daytime and night time lessons. And, like almost all schools, financial aid opportunities are provided to individuals who meet the requirements.
And, as a bonus, most of these schools allow the individual to graduate as soon as they possibly can.
While most of these colleges are usually classic, campus-based institutions, others are planned for being mostly accessible online. web-based schools assist employed students, parents and other very busy folks work lessons into their already crowded daily schedule.
Our guidebook is a fast option for you to start out considering a few of the popular institutions in the nation that deliver one or more of these categories of education opportunities. So simply take a glance at this collection of institutions, find two or three that seem like they might be right for you — and all the best.
Graphic arts opportunities are a tremendous solution to combine creative and software expertise into a nice, exciting and fulfilling work life.
Graduates of a full, four-year university diploma, or a quicker training course, can possibly try to find a position at a design agency, on the art staff of an advertising company, at a publishing house or on the communications section of a big company as an entry-level position such as a staff specialist, graphic developer, or possibly even as a junior art director.
The need for people who can develop and build reliable and appealing indoor spaces in workplaces and homes has rarely been greater. It can be hard to complete a four-year degree in this subject, a large number of new designers earned either a four-year diploma in a similar subject, like fine art, or they attended a specialty school.
Should you have an interest in style and fashion, you could develop a great future in fashion marketing, design or merchandising. A couple of universities, predominantly in the bigger metropolitan areas, promote degree opportunities, programs or courses in the fashion category. It is a fast-paced, lively vocation, but competition for jobs can be great.
Go check out institutions that feature either a diploma or targeted package of study in one or more of these professions. See what’s available in your zip code.
You could start with these schools:
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Arts
This field is not for everyone, so if you don’t think it is for you, you have some nice options. Get into something else.