Thinking about getting started in the design field?
If you happen to be considering a possible future somewhere in the business of design, you can plan for a great, unique and gratifying career in one of the career segments of fashion, visual design, or space planning through applying at the right institution.
Many of the large colleges do not have degree training programs specifically in any design sector. The larger ones might provide a handful of classes as part of their fine arts department.
A lot of undergraduates wind up going to a specialty institution where they can end up with in depth and practical teaching classes. These types of programs enable the individual to figure out and acquire precisely the targeted knowledge and skills they really need to be effective in their upcoming career.
The degree programs will vary by college, but bachelor’s degrees, associate diplomas and program completion vouchers are oftentimes offered. A number of on-campus schools present both day time and night time classes. And, like almost all colleges, financial aid solutions are on hand to those who meet the requirements.
And, as an additional bonus, most of these schools encourage the student to complete their studies as swiftly as they possibly can.
Even though many of these colleges will be conventional, campus establishments, others might be structured for being largely available on the web. These colleges enable working students, parents and other time-challenged men and women fit instructional classes into their packed daily routine.
Our guide is a means for you to start out evaluating a small number of the well-known colleges in the nation that have one or more of these education courses. So just take a look at the list of schools, select a couple that appear that they could do the job — and best of luck.
Graphic and visual design opportunities can be a terrific approach merge creative and technology ability into a fun, exciting and fulfilling career.
Past graduates of a full, four-year college degree, or perhaps a much quicker program, can find a position at a design agency, on the creative team of an advertising agency, at a media outlet or on the marketing and sales communications department of a major corporation as an entry-level job such as a production specialist, artwork developer, or possibly even as the assistant art director.
The interest in professionals who can design and set up functional and attractive indoor spaces in workplaces and homes has rarely been greater. As it can be hard to find a school that offers a four-year degree in this subject, a good number of new design professionals earned either a bachelor’s diploma in a similar subject, like fine art, or they finished a training program at a specialty school.
Should you have an interest in fashion and style, you may develop a great future in fashion marketing, design or merchandising. A few universities, mostly in the largest cities, have degree programs, programs or training classes in the fashion category. It can be a cool, entertaining occupation, but competition for work opportunities can be high.
Go check out colleges that supply either a degree or focused package of training in these professions. Pick out some by zip code.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
If you conclude that design isn’t really right for you, you could consider other vocational majors.