Thinking about starting a career as a designer?
If you happen to be considering a possible future someplace in the design area, you can prepare for a new, fun and fulfilling career in one of the job areas of fashion, graphic arts, or space planning by signing up at the proper institution.
A large number of large universities do not supply diploma programs in any area of design. Some might offer a few classes within their fine arts department.
A large number of students wind up attending a specialized school where they can have rigorous and hands-on teaching courses. These types of institutions allow the individual to discover and build only the unique knowledge and skills they need to become effective in their next career.
The degree programs can vary by college, but bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees and course achievement certificates are frequently available. Many on-campus colleges supply both daytime and night time courses. Plus, like most colleges, financial aid prospects are offered to the ones that are eligible.
And, as a bonus, most of these schools enable the individual to finish as soon as possible.
Although many of these schools are usually classic, campus establishments, others may be arranged for being mainly accessible on the web. These online schools enable employed students, parents and other very busy folks fit lessons into their crowded daily routine.
Our website is a fast means for you to get started with exploring some of the most widely used institutions in the nation that deliver at least one of these education programs. So take a glance at this selection of institutions, choose one or more that appear that they could be right for you — and all the best.
Graphic arts careers can be a terrific way to blend artistic and technology competencies into a nice, productive and fulfilling career path.
Past graduates of a four-year college degree, or even a much faster course, might find a job opportunity at a design agency, on the art team of an advertising firm, at a publishing or on the sales and marketing communications section of a big corporation in an entry-level role such as a staff artist, image developer, or even as a assistant art director.
The demand for consultants who are able to design and set up purposeful and pleasing indoor spaces in workplaces and homes has rarely been higher. While it can be tough to complete a bachelor’s diploma in this small field, a large number of beginning design professionals earned either a college qualification in a related field, like art, or they attended a specialty school.
Should you have an eye for style and fashion, you could have a promising career in fashion merchandising, design or marketing. A small number of universities, mainly in the big metropolitan areas, deliver degree opportunities, programs or training courses in the fashion category. It is often a fast-paced, entertaining occupation, but competition for positions can certainly be great.
You can find colleges that offer either a diploma or targeted coursework of classes in one or more of these professions. See what’s available in your zip code.
Look through this short list:
- Learn to develop, coordinate, & execute successful design strategies at Keiser
- Produce graphic design solutions in a variety of state-of-the-industry mediums
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Graphic Arts and Design
- Associate of Science in Video Game Design
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Game Design
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
If you feel you aren’t the right fit for a designer major, you could earn a vocational diploma in something else.